Monday, May 9, 2011

Walt Disney World Cravings Countdown!

Good morning everyone!

I know that I am in a Disney mood when I say "Good morning" and then proceed to hear the entire Magic Kingdom Welcome Show in my head (Good morning...Good morning....).

Well, I am officially doing the single digit dance! Only 8 days to go until I am back "home" at Walt Disney World.

I typically do some form of count down when I get this close to a vacation, and with the revamp of my blog I thought what better than a Cravings Countdown!

Each day from now until my departure, I will post an item that I am craving on my upcoming Walt Disney World Vacation.

Day 8 - The Pilgrim's Feast at Liberty Tree Tavern in The Magic Kingdom

This has become a first day tradition for my family. Liberty Tree Tavern is such an inviting atmosphere after an action-packed morning at The Magic Kingdom. To step in to the cool air conditioning and the warm wood and streams of sunlight from the slightly flawed replica windows, caps off my typical Magic Kingdom experience.

I am a very picky person when it comes to Turkey, and this lunch is second only to my Mom's thanksgiving dinner at home. The turkey is moist, so moist that I asked our server how they manage it. He explained that the turkey breasts are actually steamed, and the locks the juices in. The mashed potatoes are that perfect combination of fluffy and creamy and the green beans are always crisp and garlicy. But the winning item on the plate, for me, is the cornbread dressing. You see, in Ontario, cornbread isn't really popular. This always saddens me because I adore cornbread! So to find dressing that is so wonderfully sweet, salty, and savory all at once is heaven to me!

What are your Walt Disney World cravings? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment