Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WDW Dravings Countdown: Day 10 - F&W Festival Items

Typically, I don't start my WDW Cravings Countdown until 7 days before a WDW vacation, but as this is F&W my mind is all about food & WDW right now.....so I give you....


Day 10 - F&W Festival Items

  Today, you get several items that are on my current cravings list.

 
1. Canada

This is our traditional first stop at the Food & Wine Festival. Maybe it's patriotic? Maybe it's because the location is near the International Gateway? Maybe it's because this soup is liquid gold? Whatever the reason, our first stop and our first item for the past 4 festivals is the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at the Canada booth. We will absolutely continue this tradition! And the maple glazed salmon is fantastic as well!

 
2. Ireland

Again, maybe our ancestry has an influence on our palates but we adore everything at the Ireland booth. The fisherman's pie is a bit rich for my taste, but it definitely merits a try each year. The cheese plate is simply delicious and....the holy grail of F&W dessert items....the Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey's Ganache! I swear, angels sing when you eat this! It is dense, fudgey and has just the right hint of irish cream. Even my Mom, who isn't a chocolate lover, practically inhales this cake.

 
3. France

Undeniably the booth we frequent the most. We are french food lovers and this booth often serves up some of our top ranking F&W items. The escargot en brioche are buttery light bites of goodness. Don't like escargot? Have you ever tried it? No? Well you should! No preparation is more approachable than this. Think of it like super yummy garlic bread with a mushroom in the middle. That is pretty much exactly how it tastes, but imagine that 10x better!

We will miss the cabernet braised short ribs this year, but I am absolutely excited to try the Coq au Vin over macaroni & cheese!


 
4. Japan

I could eat sushi several times a week and be a very happy person, so I am always going to love a booth that offers sushi. Spicy Tuna and California Rolls are two of my favorites, but I'm also interested to try the Tuna & Salmon Sensation (cubes of tuna & salmon with avocado and soy sauce) and the Pork Kakuni (which is supposed to be braised pork belly! Yum!)

5. Hops & Barley/ U.S.

We absolutely love the Hops & Barley Market and U.S. booth! I think it's because we only get 1 or 2 types of Samuel Adams beer in Canada and its so much fun to try a bunch in the small 3 or 4 oz cups! While I have enjoyed the previous renditions of the lobster roll, I am a purist and I like lobster with a light amount of dressing and not much else. This year's lobster roll sounds closer to that description. Plus the "claw cuddlers" are just downright intriguing. Who wants to cuddle a lobster claw? Not me, but I sure like eating them!


Well, that's all for now. Does anyone have suggestions to make time go faster?

No comments:

Post a Comment